Ingredients in Peak Health Foods
"This is the first comprehensive food or drink being brought to market that I have seen intended to improve the performance of the brain, as well as protect our brain as we age,” said Dr. Fernando Gomez-Pinilla, a professor of Neurology at the UCLA.
The Magic of Our Foods
Peak Health’s foods were designed using the best and accepted external nutritional science Our goal is to deliver nutrient dense meals (this means foods rich in required nutrients with an economy of calories) and in most cases our complete meals have less than 300 calories. Our magic is combining all the ingredients in simple meals that taste good.
We start with the basics of nature and add whatever nutrients are missing. There is no perfect food, but our foods have everything our amazing bodies need and nothing they don’t:
- Nutrient rich: 100+ total nutrients
- All essential nutrients
- Excellent source of protein, 25 vitamins and minerals, and fiber
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- GMO free, gluten free, and no added sugar
- Raw Amino Power™ for muscle health and immediate release of energy [Brain Shake]
- No trans-fat and low saturated fat
The Brain Shake has everything your brain needs daily and nothing it doesn’t.
- BrainCare™ – a proprietary blend of nutrients that improves memory, focus, cognition, performance and long term brain health
- Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a major component of brain cell membranes, and is involved with brain cell growth and communication. New studies suggest that PS can help improve and reverse neurochemical damage caused by aging or disease. PS supports human cognitive functions, including the formation of short-term memory, the consolidation of long-term memory, the ability to create new memories, the ability to retrieve memories, the ability to learn and recall information, the ability to focus attention and concentrate, the ability to reason and solve problems, language skills, and the ability to communicate.
- While research on PS is in the early stage the FDA allows the following claim: “Consumption of phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of dementia in the elderly. Very limited and preliminary scientific research suggests that phosphatidylserine may reduce the risk of dementia in the elderly. FDA concludes that there is little scientific evidence supporting this claim.”
- RawAminoPower™ – proprietary blend of amino acids for immediate energy, strength and faster recovery
- Nutrient Rich: 119/113 (chocolate/coffee) total nutrients
- Complete meals with all the essential nutrients and ~ 30% of your daily values of all your protein and micronutrients.
- All 12 essential amino acids at 66% or more of the daily requirements per the Institute of Medicine
- Excellent source of protein, 25 vitamins and minerals and fiber
- Nearly half of the recommended daily Omega 3’s (800mg)